Skip to content
- 18 ounces prepared polenta, sliced into 12 rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 12-ounce package fully-cooked Niman Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage, sliced
- 1 25-ounce jar pasta sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat pasta sauce in a small pot or bowl. Keep warm until serving time.
- Add butter to a pan. Over medium heat, sauté sausage slices until golden brown. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Add kale to pan and sauté until kale is tender and cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage back into pan and set aside. Keep warm until serving time.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Fry polenta rounds for 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping occasionally, until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over polenta and continue to pan- fry on both sides until a golden cheese crust forms. Remove from heat.
- Divide sauce evenly between four dishes. Top with kale, sausage and sliced polenta. Garnish with fresh basil and more Parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.