2015 was a terrific and exciting year for us. Here are some of our favorite moments:
1. That time when a monkey walked into our store. No, really. Mochi the monkey walked out of his owner’s house and right into Barons, Point Loma. He made friends pretty quickly until his owner picked him up.
2. Our Rancho Bernardo store debuted their brand new demo kitchen, where they are serving up our favorite recipes.
3. The Alpine store won first prize for their homemade chili at the Alpine Chili Cook-off back in September.
4. We announced that our new store in Murrieta will be opening January 20th. We are counting down the days…
5. Barons Market President, Joe, sent his very first text. With. An. Emoji.
6. Our Wildomar store made goodie bags for our troops who couldn’t make it home for Thanksgiving as a small thank you for their service.
7. We interviewed over 450 people at our Murrieta Job Fair, making this job fair are most successful one yet. We cannot wait to open this January!
8. Guinness slept a record number of 2,318 hours during working hours in 2015.
9. We expanded our Barons Backroom Beer Pairings to all five stores this year. It will soon be six stores once Murrieta opens!
10. We were featured in Shopping Centers Today. It was a terrific article and couldn’t be more proud.
11. Bob Ring, our Store Manager in Alpine, was recently voted Honorary Co-Mayor of Alpine. The proceeds of his campaign will go to the Alpine Community Center.
12. Barons Market was voted as one of the top 5 Best Salad Bars in San Diego by the readers of San Diego City Beat Magazine. Eating salad never tasted so good.
13. We hired a new marketing manager, Nancy Kennedy, who has made our lives so much easier. What did we ever do without you, Nancy?
14. In March, our Wildomar store won Wildomar Chamber Medium Business of the Year. We’re so proud of Beryl, Pam, and the rest of our amazing team.
15. We’ve raised over $31,000 for 156 local charities this year alone.
We can’t wait to see what 2016 has in store!